It all depends on whether you are a photojournalist who needs the fastest reacting and shooting camera, who's images are going to publication and are willing to give up some image quality to get it (1D Mk III) OR an advertising or fine-art photographer who needs maximum image quality and are willing to give up some operational speed to get it (1Ds Mk III).

There is still no word that Canon fixed the autofocus hunting problem of the 1D Mk III.

Mr. Bill

Schlake wrote:
Since I lost my 1D mk III, it appears that I'm in the market for a new
one.  Should I buy the same thing I had, or try to scrounge up the
extra for a 1Ds mk III instead?