Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your quick reply. You are correct that I used a remote switch to
trigger the shutter, combined with back light direct into the viewfinder (25
meters back). But I feel this can't be the problem, as with the use of the
Av mode instead of Tv mode, the back light situation was unchanged. So I
think the problem should have continued to exist...... Don't you think ?

Nevertheless I do appreciate your thinking, as I was unable to come up with
this myself......

Any other offrings ???

Cheers,
Iwan

PS: In the past I used back light also, but it is the very first time this
problem occured on me.