The Hasselblad 501 was available in colors, from the factory: http://www.gilghitelman.com/501colors.html

I read a book on product design once that had an entire secition on "the cult of black" and why black products were more popular. I know I'd really prefer if my Sony TiVo and DVD-player were black and I always loved my all-black Motorola StarTac phone.

Mr. Bill

Tom Pfeiffer wrote:
Photography is art, so photographers are artists, right? So why should
everything have to be so utilitarian? It seems to me at least marginally
reasonable to want to extend that artistic endeavor to the equipment as
well. Who can browse here:

http://www.cameraleather.com/