----- Original Message ----- From: "Cotty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "EOS list" <eos@a1.nl>
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 4:38 PM
Subject: EOS 1Ds Mark III Focus Problems?

Hi Listers,

A newspaper snapper friend of mine asked me if they current crop of
1DmIII focus issues that is currently running its course affects the
1DsmIII. Eg, is the focus system the same, and if so, any reported
problems with it?

I said I'd ask someone knowledgeable ;-)

TIA
Cheers,
 Cotty
___/\__
||   (O)   |     People, Places, Pastiche
||=====|    http://www.cottysnaps.com

Hi Cotty,

For something like this, I'd suggest looking at the www.dpreview.com forums dealing with the 1D 5D series of bodies, and check the Fred Miranda forums as well. I've certainly seen queries referring to this very subject, but didn't check what answers were being given.

For my own part, I was very keen to get a 1D MkIII earlier in the year, but held off as soon as the AF problems surfaced. According to my local Jessops a few days ago, the 1D MkIII problems are "solved" so I asked who/what their source was. Turns out to be Andy Rouse - so I checked his pages on the Warehouse Express site, and nothing I saw there which got me to spend my money just yet! (It also got me wondering whether he'd paid for all his gear or whether he was (part?) funded by Canon...)

How's your cottage getting on?

Cheers,

Malcolm
Milton Keynes, UK