At 02:48 PM 1/2/2008, you wrote:
>I would just do a FORMAT of the card IN THE CAMERA. Then take a bunch of
>photos of no importance just to put some images on the card. Then format
>again. Take another bunch of photos, reformat again. I believe if you do that,
>there is no way any of your original photos could ever be recovered. Of
>course, if you are *really* concerned about it, just sell it with a new card,
>they are cheap, and destroy your old card.
>
>Steve

This will work only if you fill the card, but works without any software
investment. Just shoot at garbage until the card is full. Multiple re-formats
is not necessary, just filling the card once and then re-format is sufficient.
Unlike a disk drive, where previous recordings can still be extracted by
sophisticated equipment, flash memory does not have a residual signature.

Just re-formatting is not enough, the card needs to be re-written over.

Wayne S