On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 09:48:18AM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > Packages for Infrastructure and Clouds, I think). I was thinking about this
> > more recently in the context of "things we need for Fedora.next in the
> > coming year or so". The new repo might target both EL and Fedora and provide
> > alternative versions maintained on, say, a 3-year lifecycle.
> Yeah -- I think that something like this could be good.  A repo with
> a 3 year lifecycle may make sense for RHEL more than Fedora as the
> basesystem we're building on is still active at the end of that period.

I'm thinking here about SCLs (or possibly other stack/env tech) that might
target current supported Fedora but have a longer lifecyle of its own (with
best-effort compatibility for three years).

I keep coming back to this idea because it's what people ask me for. :)

--
Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --    <mat...@fedoraproject.org>