On 10/9/2015 1:54 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
You could ask to become the maintainer in EPEL: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group#Become_a_co-maintainer
That looks like quite an involved process with an uncertain outcome ...
The process may look involved at first, but it's usually not that much
work after the initial formalities. Why do you think the outcome is
uncertain?

There are a lot of caveats listed in the requirements to be approved as a package maintainer after the initial formalities (some of which I started!). Finding a sponsor, contributing in "other ways" than just supporting the specific packages that I need. I don't want to commit to things I wouldn't be able to follow through on.

Is that the only viable option at the moment?  Adopt it myself?
I'm afraid that's how it works for most packages. People who use the
software and have the skills to maintain it usually do it.

You can also pay someone to maintain it for you. ;)

Don't have that ability (pay) in the position I'm in at my company, and realistically, I can just check the rpm I built into our ansible repository. Or rewrite my software to not use pyinterval.

I've re-built/modified some rpm packages, but don't profess to be anywhere near an expert level. More in the amateur realm, but enough to modify an existing rpm to build on newer platforms or to swap out versions of source.

I'll give it more consideration and get back to you.

Rich