TK> The easiest thing to do if you want a single spec file for EPEL7 and
TK> Fedora is to Requires: python-foo rather than python2-foo.

Except that FPC would like to move away from this.  That's the entire
reason I've brought this up.  Any implicit dependency on python2 should
be made explicit, and the "un-python-versioned" packages shouldn't be
used as dependencies unless the package really does not care which
version it gets.

TK> Adding extra packages has the detriment of increasing the metadata
TK> size that has to be downloaded when depsolving.

That is.... not really much of a concern in a universe where we have
texlive.

TK> 166 packages might not be so bad... Or as you say, just doing a few
TK> high value ones like python2-setuptools might be the best of both
TK> worlds, providing compatibility for the most common cases but not
TK> adding significantly to the metadata.

I'm actually just going to submit a review for a python2-setuptools
dummy package to take care of the most annoying case.  If someone really
dislikes this idea enough to block that, then I guess I'll find out.

 - J<