>>>>> "SJS" == Stephen John Smoogen <smo...@gmail.com> writes:

SJS> Things done:

epel-rpm-macros-6-4 is pushed to stable.  Not sure if it's shown up at
the mirrors yet.  It fixes the bad interaction with the SCL macros.

-5 was going to add %autosetup but it seems that the RHEL people are
adding that directly.

Not sure where I'm going after that.  Will happily consider any requests
for backporting macros from Fedora to any EPEL release, or basically do
anything I can to eliminate Fedora-EPEL packaging differences.

SJS> Things needing input:

I'd still like to ask releng to add epel-rpm-macros-5 to the EPEL5
buildroot.  Some folks said they would test and I was asked to wait
until the next meeting for discussion.  I will do another mass rebuild
and diff just to make sure nothing broken in the meantime.  (For the
record, this package eliminates the requirements for Group:, BuildRoot:,
%clean, and the buildroot cleaning in %install, for all EPEL5 packages.)

I will still be doing occasional mass-rebuilds of EPEL6 and EPEL5.  They
have a way of finding unstable machines so there's value in it for me.
(I spread the builds out over 100+ desktops and some compute servers.)
Could probably add EPEL7 but I think it's in far better shape and
doesn't really need it right now.

There's a discussion on epel-devel about adding dummy python2-* packages
to EPEL7 (and, maybe, EPEL6 if people want) so that we can eliminate
some cases where ifdefs are needed.  I will be starting with
python2-setuptools because that seems to be the biggest pain point and
the RHEL maintainers haven't acted on adding the Provide:.  Will
probably do other packages if people ask, but will drop the whole thing
if EPSCo tells me that I shouldn't be doing this.

 - J<