On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 10:48 AM, Rich Megginson <rmegg...@redhat.com> wrote:

> How does EPEL deal with the fact that nodejs won't work with openssl 1.0.1?
> For CentOS we have a patch that allows nodejs 4.x to build with openssl
> 1.0.1 in EL7.  Are you using a similar patch?  Do you know if the same patch
> will work with nodejs 6.x?

Well, OpenSSL 1.1.0 just arrived[1]. It should be safe to use that
with nodejs6, nginx, and everything else needing new APIs without
conflicting with the system openssl libs. This would essentially
provide the same solution we've done in the past with openssl101e for
EL5.

[1]: https://www.openssl.org/news/openssl-1.1.0-notes.html