Hi,

No problem for helping with testing and solving issues, ...

ok, so now let's move from talk to action :-)

Paolo prepared the package already and it'd be nice if Recoll users could test it and add karma:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2017-ede90eda56

also, you might become EPEL packager yourself :-)

Yes, but really, developpers and package maintainers have different sets of
competences, and I know that I have a very hard time switching between the
roles. Memory not good enough. It's one thing to whip up a set of working
packages, another to make sure that they are correct and in accordance with
the distribution standards.

sure, different people have different approaches, and I absolutely understand the argument about switching contexts, that's my weak spot too (and of course lack of time)

- but it never hurts to remind that the possibility is here (for anyone, not just the project programmer but any skilful user)

K.

--
Karel Volný
BaseOS QE - Daemons