One of things I've invested some time towards over the years is cutting
down on the amount of %if spaghetti needed to share spec files between
Fedora and EPEL.  Earlier in the discussion about the mass python-X ->
python2-X move I volunteered to maintain a number of "stub packages" in
EPEL which have the sole purpose of letting packagers uniformly have
dependencies on python2-X.  A couple of people told me they thought I
was being facetious, so I wanted to try again and assure everyone that I
was indeed serious.

Here's a rough, in-progress draft:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tibbs/EPELPythonStubPackages

Basically: create some EPEL-specific python2-X packages that do nothing
besides depend on the base RHEL python-X packages.

If anyone can think of a reason why this would be problematic, please
let me know.  I'm especially concerned about situations where the
existence of these packages could cause problems for RHEL.  I've tried
to be careful about detailing how version and release would be
maintained and how the dependencies will be versioned so that RHEL can
be updated without the EPEL package being immediately updated to match.

 - J<