hi,

It has now been several months since the release of RHEL 8 and I am
still struggling to get a RHEL 8 into an usable state. Besides the
already mentioned absence of fail2ban and nagios plugins I am now facing
the lack of perl-LDAP.

In RHEL 7 perl-LDAP was part of the base repo, in RHEL 8 it is
completely missing. According to the epel 8 announcement mail I am
supposed to contact the package maintainer, but from what I have found that
package is always just owned by the project in Fedora/Centos.

What is required to get that package into epel? I feel like it is fairly
important for anyone trying to access LDAP through perl.

thank you