On 30. 01. 20 16:52, Pat Riehecky wrote:

On 1/30/20 9:47 AM, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 30. 01. 20 16:44, Pat Riehecky wrote:
While I lack good answers, perhaps another question.  What a the thoughts on using python `.pth` files for python modules that work in multiple interpreters?

In theory this would permit bit for bit identical libraries in multiple interpreters at once?

Where would you put the files on the filesystem level?

How would we handle different bytecode caches and extension modules?

Perhaps something like /usr/lib/python-epel?  I thought python 3.6+ used the __pycache__ directory that was able to distinguish between the various python bytecodes.

Yes, but do we always ship all possible versions?

I believe extension modules must be compiled for a specific interpreter... I could be wrong there... I don't recall ever building one myself.

That is the case, exactly.

--
Miro Hrončok