On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 5:54 AM Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>   In EPEL 8 or later, it is permitted to have module streams which contain
>   packages with alternate versions to those provided in RHEL. These packages
>   may be newer, built with different options, or even older to serve
>   compatibility needs. These MUST NOT be the default stream -- in every
>   case, explicit user action must be required to opt in to these versions.

Is there any chance that a module in EPEL 8 will be named identically
to a module in RHEL 8? If that happens, what is the process to choose
between RHEL's module and EPEL's module?

This is not entirely hypothetical :) We face this situation if we
consider putting Ceph into a module in RHEL 8 and a module in EPEL 8.

- Ken