Hi Miro,
Thank you for looking into this.
One thing to keep in mind is that what is in CentOS Stream 9 right now, is
going into RHEL 9.1, so some of this won't be in epel9 for another 6-7
months.
I've noticed that in your query's you do a RHEL9 query.  Where is that
coming from?
I just want to make sure that you are querying RHEL 9.0 and not 9.1.

On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 5:55 AM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello EPEL.
>
> I have just found out that the pybind11 component from c9s / RHEL 9 CRB
> has
> been built in EPEL 9 in different version:
>

> I always assumed fedora-scm-requests admins would refuse such branch
> requests,
> but apparently not:
>
> https://pagure.io/releng/fedora-scm-requests/issue/42248

In theory, they do block RHEL requests.  And I've had a couple blocked, so
I know it works, or at least used to work.
We'll have to do some investigation.

> I've checked and we have more components that clash:
>
> $ comm -12 <(repoquery -q
> --repo=RHEL9-{BaseOS,AppStream,CRB,HighAvailability}-source -a | pkgname |
> sort
> | uniq ) <(repoquery -q --repo=epel9-source -a | pkgname | sort | uniq)
>
> libwmf
> pybind11
> tesseract
> tesseract-tessdata

Thank you for this list, of source packages that are duplicates.
We'll have to look into how they got built.

> As well as "binary" RPMs:
>
> $ comm -12 <(repoquery -q
> --repo=RHEL9-{BaseOS,AppStream,CRB,HighAvailability}
> -a | pkgname | sort | uniq ) <(repoquery -q --repo=epel9 -a | pkgname |
> sort |
> uniq)
>
> anthy-unicode-devel
> double-conversion-devel

anthy-unicode-devel and double-conversion-devel are mine.
They were built from anthy-unicode-epel and double-conversion-epel

Those two devel packages are not available in the epel9 buildroot, or
weren't last time I checked.
I also have not had the bug closed from Red Hat, so I haven't checked in a
month or two.

> Do I understand correctly that this is still *not* allowed? If so, what
> can we
> do to prevent it?

It shouldn't be allowed, and it shouldn't have happened.  We'll have to
look into it.

Troy