On Mon, Jun 13, 2022, 4:17 PM Chris Adams <li...@cmadams.net> wrote:

> Once upon a time, Josh Boyer <jwbo...@redhat.com> said:
> > If the dependency is only needed at build time, which is what CRB
> > content is intended for
>
> If that's the intent, then it's not implemented correctly.  For example,
> there are well over 100 perl modules in CRB 9.  They may only be used
> _by Red Hat_ in building, but they are not exclusively build-time
> packages by a long shot.

I know.  I'm actually looking at squaring this in one way or another, but
whatever that results in doesn't change that content in CRB will have
different considerations to take into account than other repos.  The same
has always been true of RHEL 7 Optional as well, so it's not a new dynamic.

I also know most of those considerations don't matter to users or EPEL
packagers, but I'm trying to avoid surprise in the long run.

josh