bradb...@seanet.com wrote:
> I misspelled centos as contos  Now fedpkg mockbuild works  with the proper
> links:
>
>>ls -l $HOME/.config/mock
> total 8
> lrwxrwxrwx. 1 bradbell bradbell 41 Jun  3 19:09 epel-8-x86_64.cfg ->
> /etc/mock/centos-stream+epel-8-x86_64.cfg
> lrwxrwxrwx. 1 bradbell bradbell 41 Jun  3 19:09 epel-9-x86_64.cfg ->
> /etc/mock/centos-stream+epel-9-x86_64.cfg

That's not what you want for epel though.  It will build
against centos-stream rather than rhel/alma/rocky, i.e. the
stable EL.  While it might appear to work, it will
inevitably build packages which link against the wrong
versions of libraries, pick up bogus dependencies, etc.

You want to pick one of the *+epel-[89]-x86_64.cfg config
files.

I thought that previous fedpkg or mock releases printed a
large banner which explained this a bit and linked to
further details?  I would have thought that was still in
place, but perhaps not.

--
Todd