On Fri, May 31, 2024 at 2:48 AM Peter Soppe <pe...@soppe.net> wrote:

> Hello EPEL Team,
>
> I am trying to find out how to contact the maintainer of the Oracle Linux
> EPEL repository.
> The only website I found about EPEL and Contact is
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#contact
>
> My current issue is that I use the Oracle Linux 8 EPEL package "cacti" -
> and there is a security issue that is solved in cacti Version 1.2.27
> (2024-05-12).
>
> This version is available in the Fedora/RHEL Epel
> https://packages.fedoraproject.org/pkgs/cacti/cacti/  since 2024-05-21 (9
> days after release)
> but not in the Oracle Linux EPEL:
> https://yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL8/developer/EPEL/x86_64/index.html
> Here the latest available Version is 1.2.23 (2023-01-13) which is about 19
> months old.
>
> I want to know if there are plans to update the cacti version in the
> Oracle EPEL repo and if yes what is the planned timeline to do so.
>
> Best regards,
>   Peter Soppe

Although the Oracle Linux EPEL repository has the word "EPEL" in it, it is
a repository supported and maintained by Oracle Linux.  Similar to the
CentOS Extras repo.
As such, we can only  point you back to the distribution and its community.

https://support.oracle.com/

I did try looking for other information, but everything I found only had a
heading and to get more information I needed to create an Oracle account
and log in, which I am not willing to do.

Troy