Le 23/09/2024 à 15:02, Andrew Bauer a écrit :
It seems Redhat is not including php-sodium with rhel10.

RHEL have never provided this extension

in EPEL-9 we have "php-extras" which use php sources
and build extensions not available in RHEL build
(sodium, aspell, freetds, tidy and pdo_firebird)

Notice: some app, such as NextCloud does not require
sodium extension, but only ARGON2 hashing password

This algo can be enable from

- standard ext using libargon2
- sodium ext
- openssl ext using library version 3.2 new features

The availability of argon2 from openssl is a new feature
of upcoming PHP 8.4 (by me) and have been backported for
PHP 8.3 in Fedora 41 and RHEL-10.

So most users won't need sodium extension.

Remi

Poking at the Fedora spec file, this looks to be by design:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/php/blob/rawhide/f/php.spec#_52

I’m wondering what our options are for packages that depend on it.

Since php-pecl-libsodium was previously deprecated due to php-sodium, should it
now be resurrected for rhel10?
This is probably a question for Remi.