Hi Nick,

good to see that you are interested in Epigram.

My name is Nick Thomas, and I've been following your work on Epigram for a
few weeks. I've been reading the Epigram notes and some of the background
material, on and off; I grok some of it, but it's pretty heavy for me in
places (everywhere, actually).

Feel free to ask questions on the mailing list, please.

        Having seen some of the things that you can
do with dependent types, I'm really excited about the technology, and I'd
like to contribute to the project. One thing I'd like to do is to write a
GUI editor, and get Epigram out of XEmacs.

Great! Having a better GUI is an important issue and we would certainly appreciate any contribution on this front. You may either use a Haskell GUI library like wxHaskell (especially if you have experience in Haskell) or use an external toolkit like Eclipse or MPS, which Cyril suggests, to built one.

Jeffrey ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), one of my project students here at Nottingham is working on this topic for his final year project - you may want to talk to him. However, this shouldn't discourage you to do something similar (or different).

Cheers,
Thorsten

P.S. Just out of couriosity: where are you based?

--
Dr. Thorsten Altenkirch            phone : (+44) (0)115 84 66516
Lecturer                           http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~txa/