Thanks.
MIND AND BRAIN deals with the glaring physical proof that the
DISCRETE brain, or any other processor cannot perform by
itself any CONSCIOUS action, and that by over 50 orders.
The solution, or rather direction in which it may be looked for,
is suggested to reside in the fundamental Continuum/Discreteness
polarity of Einstein's Physical Reality.
(It's founded in "TIME, AWARENESS AND EVENTS"
http://findgeorges.com/CORE/A_FOUNDATIONS/a1_time_awareness_and_events.html
which I have mentioned in the answer to your "Nature of Time".)

Brain can, of course, perform fast UNCONSCIOUS acts learned and
imprinted locally by conscious repetitions.

I'm right now composing a blues "Wind is Blowing", in which, quite
a way down I play the chord of VI. Whistling under the shower, I
got the idea to replace it with V(9). Then I played, my fingers
moving automatically through the beginning, while my mind was all
the time concentrating on the V(9) to come.

Georges.