Hello Socratus....
Sounds to me like the difference between Epistemological Nominalists (like
myself  and William of Ockham) and Epistemological Phenomenologists ( like
Kant-Husserl-Heidegger).....the Phenomenologists, especially Heidegger
speak of "Essences"... Have I ever introduced you to my Nominal9
"Epistemological theory... it takes 'thinking tool" elements from
Aristotle... his logical square of Contrary - Contradictory.... and from
William of Ockham.... his theory of the "triangle of the "sign"... at this
stage plug in the distinction between "subjective and objective" and you
get the pertinent "problematic.... like below... William of Ockham posited
a distinction between the Body and the Mind... that also relates to the
Idea and the Thing....the Concept an the Reference (Conceptus /Res in
Ockham's terms).... or the Motivation and Action for human
interactions..... Cause and Effect is not the same as Action Reaction,
because Human interaction is "willingly influenced" by the person doing
it... so there is that "motivation" to account for....
Anyway, here are the options, as I consider them

(Plato).......................(Aristotle)
Idealism....................Realism
Conceptus / Res........Conceptus / Res
subjective /subjective..objective / objective

subjective / objective..objective / subjective
Conceptus / Res.......Conceptus / Res
Nominalism...............Phenomenology
(Ockham...................(Kant-Husserl-Heidegger)

Phenomenology makes use of different terms or words for Conceptus / Res...
according to Kant, they are Noumenon / Phenomenon and as you see in the
rendered "square) Phenomenologists consider the Noumenon to be objective
and the Phenomenon subjective...Phenomenologists also use the term
"Essence" interchageably for their (Conceptus) Noumenon here too also
objective or as you say, "absolute" conceptions. Also keep in mind that
Kant makes the distinction between "A Priori' which means before and/or
innate and completely (absolutely) independent from  "experience"... and "A
Posteriori" which means after "experience" and always dependent on it....
Anyway.... I think that this puts Newton... where?..... and Einstein...
where?..... in this classic separation between philosophical schools of
thought?.....What is your estimation?

What say  we consider Newton a Realist.... and Einstein a Nominalist ?