Maybe the rise of other social media and the presence of such information
sources as Wikipedia are contributing factors. Also I've noticed as I grow
older that I have less interest in socializing and more interest in
following my own pursuits. Usenet has been dying for a long long time, but
let's hope it never quite fades to nothing...

Knowledge is acquired through interaction with others or reading,
integrated into personal expertise according to how well a person learns
things, which is in turn based upon educational training and the ability to
remember. The process starts in infancy and never quite ceases until death.
The ability to assimilate information is the limiting factor for acquiring
intellect, which is distinct from wisdom - the ability to use information
effectively.
Lonnie Courtney Clay