Tom, Thanks for handing out the info on eRCP.

John, I'm afraid that you will probably find that SWT has some
dependencies outside of Foundation 1.1.  JFace certainly does. It may be
possible for you to choose widgets that don't have dependencies, though.
Things could get dicey doing this since unless you build SWT against
Foundation 1.1 you won't know where the issues are. I suggest you try
using eRCP as it is a project specifically developed to work on Foundation
1.0.

        Mark

Thomas Watson/Austin/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
09/06/2007 12:19 PM
Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list <equinox-dev@eclipse.org>

cc

Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] Launching with Foundation 1.1 VM

The eRCP project has a XML parser they use. I believe they install them as
framework extensions.

See
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/dsdp/ercp/eRCP-v20070801.win32-x86.zip

It includes two xml bundles (org.eclipse.ercp.xml and
org.eclipse.ercp.xmlParserAPIs). These two bundles are configured as
framework extensions with the following config.ini property in eRCP.

osgi.framework.extensions=org.eclipse.ercp.xml,
org.eclipse.ercp.xmlParserAPIs

The reason they use them as framework extensions is so they can support
plugin.xml parsing for compatibility and more importantly to take
advantage of the framework code which registers the xml parsers as OSGi
services.

Tom

John Arthorne ---09/06/2007 12:08:59 PM---Thanks Tom. Registry is not
resolved because it requires a SAX parser. I tried org.apache.xerces from
orbit, but it requires

John Arthorne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
09/06/2007 12:08 PM

Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list <equinox-dev@eclipse.org>

cc

Subject

Re: [equinox-dev] Launching with Foundation 1.1 VM

Thanks Tom. Registry is not resolved because it requires a SAX parser. I
tried org.apache.xerces from orbit, but it requires a 1.2 EE. Does anyone
know of a SAX parser that will run in Foundation 1.1?

Thomas Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
09/06/2007 12:47 PM

Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list <equinox-dev@eclipse.org>

cc

Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] Launching with Foundation 1.1 VM

Can you run with -noExit -console and see if the
org.eclipse.equinox.registry bundle is installed and resolved. If it is
not resolved then run the 'diag' command to see why the registry bundle is
not resolved.

Tom

John Arthorne ---09/06/2007 11:22:26 AM---I am trying to run a simple
Equinox-based product with J9 (Foundation 1.1 profile). Is there some
trick to getting running with
John Arthorne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
09/06/2007 11:21 AM

Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list <equinox-dev@eclipse.org>

equinox-dev@eclipse.org

cc

Subject

[equinox-dev] Launching with Foundation 1.1 VM

I am trying to run a simple Equinox-based product with J9 (Foundation 1.1
profile). Is there some trick to getting running with this setup? Here is
the command line that allows me to make the most progress:

eclipse -product org.eclipse.prov.client.installer.product -debug -vm
jre\bin\j9.exe -vmargs -jcl:ppro11
-Dorg.osgi.framework.executionenvironment="OSGi/Minimum-1.0,OSGi/Minimum-1.1,CDC-1.0/Foundation-1.0,CDC-1.1/Foundation-1.1"

With this command line, I get various errors in the log, starting with:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 4 0 2007-09-06 12:17:51.968
!MESSAGE
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved.
Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.equinox.registry;
bundle-version="[3.2.0,4.0.0)"
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:305)

at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:350)

at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1118)

at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:634)

at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)

at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:282)

at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:468)

at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:209)

at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:319)

I have tried invoking the VM directly rather than using eclipse.exe, but
get the same result. The same launch runs fine with a 1.4 or Java 5 VM.

Ideas?_______________________________________________
equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@eclipse.org

<<image/gif>>