  From:       John Arthorne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  Date:       04/14/2008 07:31 AM

  Subject:    Re: [equinox-dev] [p2] plug-in versions

I don't think we ever decided on this.  The thinking was that since no API
was being declared, we might leave the plug-ins with a number < 1.0 and
then move to 1.0 in the first release that contains real API (likely 3.5).
Typically the initial API of a plug-in appears in version 1.0 of the
plug-in.

 Chris Aniszczyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Sent by:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                        To
                                            Equinox development mailing
                                            list <equinox-dev@eclipse.org>
 04/10/2008 07:23 PM                                                    cc

                                                                   Subject
          Please respond to                 [equinox-dev] [p2] plug-in
  Equinox development mailing list          versions
      <equinox-dev@eclipse.org>

I noticed that all of p2 plug-ins are currently 0.10.qualifier... shouldn't
this be 1.0.0.qualifier since these have been graduated and will be
included in the SDK for 3.4?

I ask this as I'm trying to straighten out some plug-in dependency ranges
in PDE.

Cheers,

---
Chris Aniszczyk | IBM Lotus | Eclipse Committer |
http://mea-bloga.blogspot.com | +1.860.839.2465

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: ecblank.gif>>