I would not mind hearing more on what you did with tycho stuff, but I don't
use the Mavin IDE integration myself.  I don't think it should be needed
here.

Tom

From:   Raymond Auge <raymond.a...@liferay.com>
Date:   03/22/2014 09:56 PM
Subject:        Re: [equinox-dev] minimal workspace setup
Sent by:        equinox-dev-boun...@eclipse.org

Tycho Configurator!!!

And I corrected my Target Platform -> Running Platform

Phew... that's not a trivial setup.

I'd be nice if something like this was documented for those of us who are
far less maven savvy.

- Ray

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 10:19 PM, Raymond Auge <raymond.a...@liferay.com>
wrote:
  Is there a way to minimally configure the Eclipse workspace for working
  with rt bundles?

  For instance, I'm starting some work on
  `org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet`

  which is dependent on

  `org.eclipse.osgi`
  `org.eclipse.osgi.services`

  Ok, so my workspace consists of these three bundles! (checked out as part
  of eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator)

  After installing the various missing pieces like:
  - Eclipse PDE Plug-in Developer Resources
  - API Tools Execution Environment Descriptions

  then
  - set API Baseline errors to WARN instead of ERROR
  (Are there any docs for how to set the correct baseline for HEAD
  development? I tried a few of my Eclipse installs - e.g. Kepler - none of
  which completely subdued the errors)

  Finally, the real conundrum is how to resolve library dependencies like
  the servlet API?

  I'm clearly missing either a `stub` project which exports the packages or
  another IDE plugin which resolves these against orbit or a bundle repo
  somewhere.

  - Ray

--
Raymond Augé (@rotty3000)