There is a standard launching property for that:

http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r5/core/org/osgi/framework/Constants.html#FRAMEWORK_SYSTEMCAPABILITIES_EXTRA

Tom

From:   Tim Diekmann <tdiek...@tibco.com>
To:     "equinox-dev@eclipse.org" <equinox-dev@eclipse.org>,
Date:   04/09/2014 04:15 PM
Subject:        [equinox-dev] Supply Provide-Capability to Framework in 3.9.0
Sent by:        equinox-dev-boun...@eclipse.org

Hi,

is there a way to programmatically tell the Framework object in Equinox
3.9.0 to add a Provide-Capability header?
There are other constants that can be added to the configuration passed to
the FrameworkFactory, but I couldn’t find any one that would cause the
Framework (SystemBundle) to provide a capability.

If this is not possible programmatically, then it would require a Framework
Extension bundle, but since I am the one creating the Framework in the
first place, it would be nice to be able to do this programmatically.

Thanks,

    Tim.