Hi Tom,

> I changed the subject of the chain also, it was (no subject) before :)

Thanks for that ;)

> We could provide some UUID that represents the storage area used for the
> running framework.  But that also has issues because we allow multiple
> instances to be run out of the same read-only storage area.  But I could
> see that working as long as you ensure that you only launch one framework
> per framework storage area.

Currently I have one instance per VM, so your idea sounds interesting to
me...

Btw, how is PreferencesService working currently ? it shares the same
storage area with more than one instance ?

out of subject, but it is there any gain in running more that one instance
when we talk about server applications?

> Perhaps you should open a bugzilla to discuss.  We could consider
> prototyping something in Equinox and then if it turns out to work well
> propose it back to the OSGi specification.

sure, I can do that...