----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any
advice in this forum.]----


That was Ron's story. I forwarded it. My comment was about the statement
that raising the nose never increases glide distance. Not a good thing to
say where new pilots may be reading. Zooming down and ballooning up to get
over an obstacle when the engine quits is a different story. 

Kevin
   



-----Original Message-----
From: Jan E Zanutto [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 10:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [COUPERS-FLYIN] FW: [COUPERS-TECH] approach and landing
speeds

----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any
advice in this forum.]----


Hey Kevin,

I hope that never happens to me. But I want to quantify my statements....
as I said I was taught in normal descent to use the best glide, or best
L/D which would involve pulling the nose up to establish- there's no
debate there. And what you were involved in was a decision to turn,
putting the nose down there wouldnt be good either. I really am referring
to straight ahead, stretching it out for clearing an obstacle. 

JZ
==========================================================================
==
==
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/




==========================================================================
====
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/


<<attachment: winmail.dat>>

Reply via email to