The C and CD models have a maximum gross weight of 1260 pounds.

These can have an STC applied that raises the gross weight to 1320 pounds, but
elevator travel is limited to D specifications, and a large trim tab must be
installed.

I believe all other models are 1400 pounds, except the Alon and M10, which are
1450 (I may be wrong about that).

Most Ercoupes weigh in the 900 pound area empty. With 26 gallons of fuel (full
tanks) that adds 156 pounds, making ig 1056 pounds. In a C or CD that leaves
204 pounds for payload. In a D or above that leaves 344 pounds. With the 1320
STC that give you 264 pounds for people and luggage.

I can point out that there is no significant structural difference between C
and D models, just the gross weight. But of course, I would never recommend
flying over gross.

My airplane clocks in at 840 pounds, so I have 264 pounds available. I have
considered the STC which would give me 324. But I'm not sure I want my elevator
travel limited that much...