I attended a meeting last evening and the speaker was the professor from
South Dakota State Univ who has been doing reasearch on Ethanol as a
fuel for aircraft. He flew down to the meeting in an RV 10 which is powered
by pure ethanol. He mentioned that the EPA has already petitioned Congress
to eliminate the lead in  aviation fuel. The Government is considering a UL 94
or a UL 84 as a replacement. It could be 92 and 82.

It takes 1.5 times the amount of Ethanol to equal the BTU's of our present
aviation fuels. I can't rmember all of the scientific data that he presented as
my mind is trained to deal with fertilizers and raising crops as opposed to
technical engine and fuel related properties.

An engine that is rigged for Ethanol use can use 100LL, unleaded auto fuel
as well as pure alcohol. The engine must be fuel injected also.

It would be interesting to have him speak at an EOC convention. Maybe that
can happen if we host the conv in Nebr. again.

Scott