Having been declared as disabled by my neurosurgeon, a while back I decided to
sell my Coupe project.  Advertised it in several places and received numerous
calls inquiring about it.  Unfortunately, most of the callers and ones who came
to inspect the project were expecting to see a flyable coupe for $12,000 or
else they had to speak to their wives about the purchase.  Then there were the
calls promising to come to the plane on a certain day and time and never
showing.

I joined the local EAA chapter and discovered a most competent AP/AI, a rairty
in this area.  Not getting anyone really interested in a project, I decided to
turn it over to him to do the work.  Just before I delivered it, about a month
ago, I received a call from a fellow in Ft Smith,AR who pleaded with me to not
do anything till he could come see the project.  He expressed great interest
and didn't say he would have to get permission from his wife.  Said he would
come within 2 weeks.  Just before two weeks passed he sent an email stating he
had struck a deer with his car and would need to get it fixed.  Another week
and a half expired and no call.  So I called him and got the word that he would
get the car last Friday and come down probably last Sunday.  Sunday came and
went, no call no email.  Called the prospect on Monday and sent an email of
inquiry as to the car repair and possible date of his coming.  Today I received
a call from him saying he had gone to look at a project close to Okla City, but
decided against it.  The man said he would leave early tomorrow (Thursday July
1) and probably be here Sunday.  Great.
Later on tonight, received another call saying he had decided against buying
the project.  Well, of course that is a buyers perogative, however I didn't
take the plane to get it reassembed based on the fellows word and have loggy
gagged around for a month waiting for him to do as he promised.  Now the AP has
 a project and won't be able to work on mine.

The moral to this is what you all probably already know.  Don't beleive any
promises no matter how they plead and promise, cause they don't come through.
Next time something like this happen, I will ask for a cashiers check for $500
as security, which they will get back if they don't like the plane.  Otherwise
they can go pound sand in a rat hole.

Thanks for listening to a fustrated old fart.
Lee Browning
LCD 42" TV for $26.42? Macbook Pro for $91.73?
Are these prices real? You WON'T Believe What We Found!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4c2beb9de7b3ce94d9st05duc