The weird characters just mean, that QScintilla doesn't know how to display these characters. It is probably related to an unappropriate encoding used. Please try to change it via the context menu's encodings submenu. The current encoding is shown in the status bar.
   I believe, you're wrong here. Firstly, the encoding is set properly (it
is utf-8, and file was created in Eric4 with default encoding set to
utf-8, and symbols of string 'Сезон', line 12? is displayed correctly).
And secondly, if I change syntax lighlighting to HTML (from context meny >
Language), all the symbols are displayed correctly.

Is everything all right on your Eric?

The weird characters just mean, that QScintilla doesn't know how to display these characters. It is probably related to an unappropriate encoding used. Please try to change it via the context menu's encodings submenu. The current
encoding is shown in the status bar.

Gentoo Linux amd64, Eric 4.3.8, Qt 4.5.3, PyQt 4.5.4-r4, qscintilla 2.4,
qscintilla-python 2.4, sip 4.8.2-r1