detlev wrote:
On Donnerstag, 17. Dezember 2009, Todd Lesher wrote:
detlev wrote:
On Dienstag, 15. Dezember 2009, Todd Lesher wrote:
Hello,

With eric4-4.3.9 on WindowsXP, I can not Debug Single Step (step into).
The Open File error message is:

   The file \loewis\25\python\Modules\pyexpat.c could not be opened.
This file probably doesn't exist. Please verify.
Verified. File 'pyexpat.c' does not exist on my drive, nor does folder
 'loewis'. There is not even a 'Modules' folder. As I have on several
 different PCs, I installed Python 2.5.1 from this link:

   <http://python.org/ftp/python/2.5.1/python-2.5.1.msi>

I used the default installation settings. Shall I ask the python list? I
 can't get google to tell me what to do

I expected this result. The eric4 debugger is meant to debug Python (and Ruby) scripts. I have no clue, why it tried to open a C source file.

Okay, thanks for looking. It doesn't matter which line of a python script I place the breakpoint - I get the same error when I try to step in. This has happened on three different installations - so maybe it's something I'm doing. I'll try to figure out how to debug it - after this project is done.

Thanks again.

Version Numbers

   Python     2.5.1
   Qt         4.4.1
   PyQt       4.4.3
   sip        4.7.7
   QScintilla 2.2
   eric4      4.3.9 (r3513)

I get Qt, PyQt, sip and QScintilla from the Windows installer binary on
 this page:

   <http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download>

--Todd