Hi detlev,
the problem it is not related to any code of mine in particular but interaction between my system and eric (it is the only qt/kde program where i get this behavior), i think it is related to kdelibs, qt or pyqt, the last time i had this problem was an upgrade to qt 4.5.3, later 4.6.0 was fine and now kdelibs 4.4.0 with qt 4.6.0 (4.6.1) exhibits this problem.

The problem it is the keyboard get broken inside eric, i cant use the arrows in the editor or the delete key and the shorcuts gets broken too, for example Debug Project "Shift + F5" becomes F5 and Debug Script has the same key and none of them works using F5. Here i investigate a bit on the causes http://www.mail-archive.com/eric@riverbankcomputing.com/msg02074.html but still i have not cleared them. We had changing private emails about this problem in 2009-10-23~24 but i was the only with this problem (and i suppose still the only one).

Anyway thanks for your great support :) and eric it is a very good python ide, it is a great work on your side, i am impressed with it.

Regards,
Miguel Angel.