Potential usefulness
   and interest is the parameter we'd like to evaluate before possibly
undertaking another such a task:
That's the purpose of this inquiry. Thanks.
 - P.M.

Taking the whole “Eric Tech.Report” collection as a model(*), [see Eric
Documentation:  http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/eric-documentation.html ]
and, in particular, the last issue about Mercurial in Eric, we wander what
other s/w product of interest for you you'd possibly like to see thoroughly
tested and described this same way. That said in particular to:  Tech. Writer
Agencies, User Teams or Associations, Producers.  See you.  - P.M.
_______________ (*)  Would you not accept this premise, you're kindly requested
to ignore this post. Thank you.