On 14-07-23 03:24 PM, Tobias Rzepka wrote:
Hello Mike,

you can extract the archive or checkout anywhere you like. Then you'll
have to start the compileUiFiles.py in the Eric main directory. It
creates the Ui_*.py files from the *.ui files. Now you're ready to
start Eric5 from your choosen destination.
The compileUiFiles run is only needed if there where changes in one of
the *.ui files, not everytime before you start Eric.

I obviously should have read the *whole* README (it does tell you this, I just stopped reading after the "install" section).

I altered the install.py to do a .local installation, but that seems somewhat silly if one can just run from a source checkout.

Thanks again,
Mike

Tobias