On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 16:36, Piotr Dorobisz
<piotr.dorob...@erlang-solutions.com> wrote:
> I wanted to change string into erlang fun, either on java side or on erlang.
> I need it to create MatchSpecs from funs (there is dbg:fun2ms function). I'd
> like user to enter fun in text area and then, if it's correct, turn into
> MatchSpec. How can I do it?

Aha, okay... That's going to be tricky. The one thing that is clear is
that you can't do it in Java.

You have to send the string to Erlang and there you can put some dummy
module declaration around it, including the ms_transform parse
transform, compile the module, and apply fun2ms to the actual
function. If that doesn't make sense, ask me again, but I don't want
to spoil your fun -- this is one of the more interesting parts to
program :-)

/Vlad