Hi!

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 03:33, Arioch <the_ari...@nm.ru> wrote:
> installed Eclipse 3.7 Win x64
> added ErlIDe and Scala IDE
> made sample scala project, Ctrl+Click on some method and suddenly got
>
> --------------
> An internal error occurred during: "Compute launch button tooltip".
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at org.erlide.core.backend.Backend.connect(Backend.java:239)

I am aware of this, but it's not an important issue, doesn't affect
anything else. What it's trying to say is that the Erlang runtime
didn't start in time (it might not be properly configured or the
machine momentarily under load). The latest beta (that will be
available this weekend) has a fix that hopefully addresses this.

> Could not reproduce it later though.

It can only happen once per Eclipse session, I think.

> Still then i open Preferences, surfed through ErlIde pages of it and when
> i opened Dialyzer page - Eclipse frozen.

This is more serious, but I'd still ask you to try the latest beta as
there are changes that are related just to dialyzer. If you get a
freeze again, please recover your eclipse log from
<workspace>/.metadata/.log and post it (either here or as attachment
to an Assembla ticket).

Please note that I will be on vacation for a week or two, so I might
not answer very promptly.

best regards,
Vlad