On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Tarek Nabil <earlofl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I've never really done Eclipse plug-in development before, so that was my
> first introduction to Buckminster. It seems to be too complex for the
> simple needs of application development, so maybe that's why it's not very
> well known outside the Eclipse and OSGi communities.
>
> I read a quick overview and downloaded the book, but I intend to reference
> it only on a need basis, or do I need deep knowledge of this tool?
>
> More importantly, do I need to do some background reading first about
> Eclipse plug-in development in general or do you think this is something I
> can pick up as I get into the code?

Dear Tarek (and Vlad!)

I don't mean to interrupt your discussion, but since you are talking on
learning plugin development for Eclipse...

I am currently working on a plugin for another project I am involved in. If
you are new to it, I think you will find Vogellas tutorial an excellent
starting point, along with any material Vlad gives you (he knows much more
than I do): http://www.vogella.com/articles/EclipsePlugIn/article.html

Good luck!

--
Best,