I think it's about time for us to set up a lunar colony.

For practice, first let's set up a hypothetical one. Certain ERPS members have the
following moon-ish domains: (let me know if others have them and want to participate)

lunacity.com
freeluna.com
terraluna.org

My proposal is to set up a directory service (ala Yahoo) and
subdomain/DNS/email/webforwarder service for people who want to participate, and have
participants set up web sites for hypothetical organizations, governments,
city-states, anarchist enclaves, companies, etc.

The directory service would basically have links to all these organizations, which in
turn could link back to the directory service. There would also be lots of "real"
services that would be of use to lunar residents: weather (derived from
spaceweather.com), time and calendars (i.e. sun position, earth phase, view of earth
from various locations), maps (including our hypothetical infrastructure), etc. We
could also have documents, FAQs, and links to external related resources.

If anyone is interested in participating, please email me directly as this is a bit
offtopic for the list. I will set up a mailing list if enough people are interested.
I'm willing to provide all of the services involved, and I'm sure others will
volunteer. My main goal is to make everything look coherent and make a sort of "lunar
internet" so that Terrans who are browsing can feel like they're looking at services
of a real place.

--
Sean R. Lynch KG6CVV  http://www.chaosring.org/~seanl/