David Masten wrote:
> Yep - DOT 3AA6000 tanks ...

Is this the same style as the large red tanks XCOR uses for helium, or are
those something larger?

> ... are rather heavy (300lb tare), but should do the
> trick. For the number of flights we will do in any one outing we should
> have more than enough between one 3AA6000 tank and one 3AA2400 tank.
> Fill with the 2400 tank, then top off with the 6000 tank. Nitrogen is
> cheap. Not sure about the cost of the bottle though. The other problem
> of course is fittings and regulators.

It's not clear we'd actually need a regulator... a valve manifold with
high-pressure needle valves and a gauge (plus a relief valve to avoid
accidentally exceeding the rated use pressure of the flight tank) might
work at least as well. After all, the idea is to fill the flight tank up
to something fairly close to the pressure of the source bottle...

-dave w