Ian Woollard wrote:

> Maybe you could put some sort of dessicant in the tank?

Loose desiccant in the tank is guaranteed to cause particulate problems
in your regulator, a cure worse than the disease.

They way it's usually done is with first, a condenser which captures
most of the water and oil coming out of the compressor, then an
activated charcoal bed to capture most of the oil, then a calcium
sulfate desiccant bed to dry the air to a dewpoint of around -100F.  The
desiccant also captures light organics down to the few ppm range.  Since
I am not working with air at all, I have carbon in both filters, plus a
third "just for good measure" unit, all to make sure the oil and alcohol
vapor don't get through.

Even so, every 4-5 uses of the EZ-Rocket or the test stand, I pull a
good vacuum on the LOX tanks for several hours just in case anything has
condensed in there.  Maybe I'm just paranoid, call it a ritual that
makes me feel better, it does no harm.

See http://www.drierite.com/default.cfm for more info.

When ya come right down to it, for ERPS' flight rate, nitrogen will be a
LOT easier.

Doug