Gentlefolk,
I grabbed a graph off the web <<
http://www.au.af.mil/au/2025/volume3/chap16/v3c16-1.htm#The Threat>> and
traced it in ASCII below.  If I believe it, a Tunguska-sized body should
actually hit us every century or so, about a 1% chance each year.  At a miss
distance of rmin = 120,000 km, the cross sectional area of the Earth vs the
area of a circle that size is (rE/rmin)^2 = (6378/120000)^2 = .002825, about
a quarter of 1 percent.  From this I infer that we may miss seeing about 3 of
these for every one we see.
--Best, Gerald

(note:view this in a non-proportional font.
  All the x's on the left should line up)
Size(m)  3   10    30    100  300    1k    3k   10k
Monthly xx
Yearly  xxxxxx
Decade  xxxxxxxxxx
Century xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Tunguska)
1ka     xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
10 ka   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Barringer)
100 ka  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1Ma     xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
10 Ma   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
100 Ma  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(KT)
1Ga     xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx