Randall Clague wrote:
On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:57:46 -0600, Rick Eversole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Speaking of weather ... Tehacipi pass has a high
wind alert through Friday evening. Sustained winds
of 30mph with gusts to 80mph...

Oh, it's calmed down, then.  Last report I read said sustained winds
30 to 50 mph, gusting to 80.  Life should not be boring; that's my
kind of weather!  When I'm wearing motorcycle gear.  Those damn
pebbles hurt.
You lightweights- I went to college in Boulder, and I was living in a basement apartment 1/4 mile from NCAR the night in January 1982 when their anemometer died at 137 mph. Must admit I was surprised the house was still above me in the morning, though.

http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/Boulder/wind.html for the incredulous.

Doug