At the risk of stating the obvious, I want to mention that atmospheric
drag can put you into a negative G situation just by throttling back far
enough while still climbing. A draggy vehicle like the one JC is going to
fly will decelerate very quickly in air. I suspect that he will have to
throttle down very slowly to avoid starving the engines.

-Dave Mc