Sorry for being dense, what's special about Kiss beta?

It sounds to me like this act only applies to explosives. Is HTP an explosive? I don't think so; it may decompose rapidly, but your vehicle shouldn't, and isn't intended to, explode. I mean, it doesn't apply to car gas tanks does it(?), and they can explode if they have a mishap so how are you different?

Randall Clague wrote:
Folks,

We're going to have a problem flying KISS beta after 5/24/2003.
That's when the Safe Explosives Act takes effect.  SEA never made it
out of committee this spring, but it just passed as part of the
Homeland Security Act.  SEA requires all users of explosives, wherever
they are and whatever their motives, to have permits.  Permits have
always required explosives magazines.  We don't have an explosives
magazine; we've never needed one, for the perfectly good reason -
which has not changed - that we don't store explosives.

Here's part of my post to aRocket on the subject.

I've now compared the old text of 18 USC 842 to the revisions under
the SEA.  I rescind anything good I said about it.

The exemption allowing sale within a state is gone.  The exemption
allowing sale and transport to a contiguous state is gone.  All
references to "in commerce" are gone.  There is a new requirement that
storage magazines must be inspected or verified by other means by ATFE
before a permit is issued (this requirement is waived for a limited
permit if ATFE has verified it by inspection within the last three
years).  The processing period has doubled, from 45 days to 90 days.

Existing permits remain in effect until they are renewed, revoked, or
expire.  These changes take effect on 5/24/2003.

Looks like ATF Form 5400 can be used to apply for a limited permit.
Most end users don't have storage magazines - never needed them - so I
predict a sharp decrease in high power rocketry next May.  Thanks a
whole lot, Dubya.

-R
ERPS RegAff

Anyone have any suggestions?

-R

"The only time an aircraft has too much fuel on board
is when it is on fire."  -Sir Charles Kingsford Smith