If I might point you in the right direction.....
    Liquid rocket engines are plumbing. High pressure plumbing. If you have a machine shop course available to you at your school take it, if not you must either acquire metal working skills or have someone do it for you to your specifications. To do it to your specifications the machinist would need a drawing, an accurit drawing. You won't go far wrong learning a CAD program so if this is offered as a course take it. TurboCAD will let you download a version for free and you can just start drawing. It would help to know how to make drawings even if you do your own machining as there is no undo button once you make a metal part. You will also have to learn how to calculate the strengts of parts for your engine before you can draw them, so you need some engineering skills too.
     If you want to go to college might I suggest that you pick one with an established rocketry program, maybe someone on list can mention which schools are doing such work. If you have to work to pay your way through college consider that if the school is at all technical they probably have a research machine shop. Try to get a job in the shop and if you can show machine tool savy maybe you can get some time on the machines not to mention pick metal out of the scrap barrel for little parts you will need. Take all the math courses, chemistry and physics that you can.
    So this is a lot to do right? You better get started.
    Lastly you can be taught knowledge, but it takes experience to get wisdom, take your time do it right.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I really need some help here....  I am in 11th grade and have dreamed of building a liquid fueled rocket for who knows how long.  My chemistry teacher has aggreed to help me build a hydrogen peroxide rocket.  I have tons of questions....but i won't ask them now...I am just looking for someone that will help me out.  A quick list of problems I am encountering in my planning:
1.  materials to use combustion chamber
2.  is electroplating a metal mesh with silver ok if i use 80% h2o2?
3.  how do I inject the h202
Note:  I am not building the rocket yet, just the engine...also, it will not be a large rocket, small to start of
I woulod appreciate ANY help given, even if it is a reference to a good informational book.
Thanks for the help!
Matt Byars

--
........ Alex Fraser  N3DER .........