On 3 Jul 2003 at 6:15, Robert Moser II wrote:

> I was just watching the news, and there was a water main break under El
> Camino in Mountainview.  In the background of the news report was Austin's.

    I checked KCBS at 7:08 and here's the situation: Mountain View public
works said the water "just started bubbling up" on El Camino sometime
during the night. Now that street looks like a river and is closed in the
westbound direction between Shoreline and Escuela. That's the side Austin's
is on, so it is currently in accessible whether it has water pressure or
not.

    The crews will have to dig through 24-36 inches of asphalt-concrete,
find and fix the leak, then repave the street. Completion is estimated for
between noon and 6 PM. So we could be OK. But if that schedule slips, we
could be in trouble. I'll give Richard Clark a call early this afternoon,
and report afterward. In the meantime, everyone should be brainstorming
alternatives.

Chris W.